Volvo

Volvo

Sunday 25 January 2015

Volvo (Latin, translation): "I roll"

And indeed, roll it does.  Quite a lot of progress apparent in the last few weeks.  Rumour on the street is that it might be ready by March... but no deadlines.



The colour combination works, which is a relief.  There was a risk it would be a little too "red" inside, but actually the darker burgundy carpet offset with the lighter red leather works well.   Very pleased with the period map light and the radio fitment - dashboard is looking great now.  What do you think? 











Classic Car magazine were at the workshop over Christmas, so look out for my car in a future issue (the feature is about the silver car, but I think I'm in shot a fair bit!)



I'm itching to drive it now, and starting to plan not only the inaugural drive back home, but also some local and European jaunts.  I really hope that having a classic that will accommodate all three of us (me, wifey and little one) will spur us to find new places to visit.  I suspect this blog will become a travelogue once the car is finished.

In anticipation, I finally got around to clearing the garage (found some nifty bike racks called "Cycloc" - they've enabled me to store the bikes well out of the way and very securely.  I'm acutely aware of the potential for a bike to fall on the car, so really pleased to report that these are very sturdy and secure.  








1 comment:

  1. Buitiful! Good progress soon you are on the road, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete