Volvo

Volvo

Friday 4 July 2014

I LOVE IT

Well, it was a nervous drive over to the paintshop - but happily, it seems my fears about having chosen the "wrong" colour were unfounded. 

In short - it looks perfect.  It looks so good in fact, that it made me think of an oversized plastic model kit, waiting to be glued together.  I could almost wheel the painted shell inside the house and leave it there as furniture.  I also feel good about the fact that the car is back to it's birth colour. Just how the Jensen paintshop finished it (though with a fair bit more attention to fit and finish this time around!)

Oh, and I also picked up a nice Blaupunkt, which will be wired for iPod as well as radio.  Couple of weeks and we'll start the re-assembly, before the nights draw in and the weather turns damp... fingers crossed for an Indian Summer, and a warm crispy dry Autumn this year!  











In other news - my good friends around the corner just collected their new ES.  This car was an un-seen ebay purchase, and it was only after winning the bid that we realised he'd bought it from the same guys who are doing the restoration work on my car!  A completely different look and feel to the early cars, but wow it looks great!  




No comments:

Post a Comment